Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Life with a 3 year old

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!! We hope that you are all having a wonderful holiday! As usual we made out like bandits. We have really enjoyed our time with family and friends.

I have to share a funny (and appropriate) story. Logans best friends are our neighbors (and dear friends) 2 year old twin girls. Their mom was telling them that Santa only comes to children who have not been naughty and one of them started crying hysterically. Mom tried to calm her down and told her that she was okay, Santa was going to be coming and she tearfully said "no mom, Logan isnt going to get any presents". Ah, the joys of a stong-willed 3 year old boy. Evidentally they "stretch" not just their moms and dads but their best friends as well.

It is hard to believe that in 6 days (holy cow) I will be on a plane to Ethiopia. Reality has struck hard and brought a mixture of excitement and fear of the unknown. Your prayers over the days to come will be MUCH appreciated.

2 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh Amy, I was laughing so hard when I read this story!!! That is hysterical!!!! Poor little Logan!! Well, he's a good boy, just a good boy who's 3. :) I'm glad Santa is forgiving that way. Hee hee.

Glad you guys had a wonderful Christmas together. And yes, my prayers are definitely going to be with you the next few days honey!! Call if you need anything. Andy's home the next couple of weeks so I'm free to come over and help you do whatever!! Did Mike tell you I saw him Christmas Eve at Wal-Mart???? I was there buying last-minute stocking stuff!!!!! (And some food for Christmas dinner!) Now is that the Queen of Procrastination or what????

Hugs, Rebecca

Kim said...

to funny!!! Look I am praying for you. The time is here. I am so excited for you words cannot say. I cannot wait to see your life unfold in the beauty that God has created you for. adoption is His miracle and His journey amy you are His feet, go with Grace (figuratively and literally) ha ha that he has already given you. and rememeber everything you need is already inside your heart because God does not leave us as orphans. You will walk with his peace of mind and under the shadow of his wings.
Love Kim