Monday, December 3, 2007

Here We Go

Okay, this is my first post on our new blog. Kudos to my DEAR friend Rebecca who created this blog for me. If anyone is interested in her talents as blog designer see her blog on my list.

I am thrilled to be able to say that in exactly 4 weeks from today I will be on a plane to Ethiopia. What a way to ring in the New Year huh?!!! Noah made it through court last Friday, and I am going to get him in 4 weeks. Hilena did not make it through court because of an extra document needed for her orphanage but has a date on Dec. 11. Please pray that she makes it through. If she does, then I will most likely be staying for 2 weeks and bringing both of our kids home. YEAH!!!!!!

Our house is in complete chaos right now. Trying to create a toy room, de-clutter our basement, paint bedrooms and switch out beds is causing major mayhem right now. Add Christmas shopping and packing for a trip accross the world in and you have quite a crazy household!!!! We are enjoying every minute.

4 comments:

SisterMom said...

YAY!! I love it!

Rebecca Lily said...

Hooray!!! A post from Amy!!!! I'm so excited. :)

Wow... so this is new. You'd stay in Ethiopia 2 weeks if Hilena goes through on the 11th?? Well, that makes sense, rather than delaying the entire trip! And what a good reason to spend some extra time in your childrens' birth country!!!!

If you ever need help over there with the mass chaos, let me know. I can babysit for Logan... or come over for a couple of hours and help you organize, or whatever. I know I keep telling you that I'll help with painting... but I'll help with painting!! :)

Hugs,
Rebecca

P.S. Thanks for the VERY sweet compliments on my design!

Anonymous said...

Amy and Mike-
I am sooo happy for you two or should I say all of you. Your site brought tears to my eyes, I cannot tell you how excited I am to meet these two little beauts. If you need anything to help relieve any stress please call me, OH WAIT I KNOW---How about a spa night next Friday!! Love to you both, Stacy

Anonymous said...

Amy,
Found your blog through Rebecca. I'm so excited for you guys. I had found your agency's website several months ago but didn't know anyone who had used them. I'll be anxious to follow your trip to Ethiopia and your journey home with your new children. They are beautiful! I have a Noah who is 3 years old.
Blessings,
Teresa
www.journeytojeremiah.blogspot.com