Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Immunization woes

For those of you who know me well you can start chuckling now. Yes, I have waited until the last possible moment to get my immunizations for travel and yes, I am running out of time. Friday is my day to go to the health clinic for my Hepatitis A and Meningitis vaccines and I am losing sleep over it. Why oh why couldnt I be phobic about birds like my mom or bees like Mike. It will be like every other time I have had to have shots. I will have worked myself up to the point where I am literally almost hyperventilating and then "BAM" that was it? And since I am begging the nurse to give them to me in my behind I wont be able to walk well on Saturday. Ah the joys.......

On a less painful note, my mom and I are going Christmas shopping tomorrow. I am hoping I am going to be in a shopping "zone" (never can tell until I get out there) and will be able to get most if not all of my Christmas shopping done. Time will tell.

3 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh, fun. Shots. The things we go through for our children!! Let's hope it's quick and painless and you won't be limping around all weekend!! LOL!

Christmas shopping sounds great - were you in the zone today?? Hope you found some great things. I'm jealous; I haven't even started my shopping yet. :)

Hugs, prayers, much love -

Rebecca

SisterMom said...

Dear Amy,

We leave in 3 weeks and a few days!!!
Are you freaking out yet??

Anonymous said...

I'm sooo impressed that you have a blog page - cool! I'm very excited to here that Noah made it through and I'm sure Hilena will too... I'm still very proud of you for doing this. The shots are but a second of pain for a lifetime of joy - course if I had to have spiders crawling all over me for me to get my children, I would be freaking out too as you know! You'll be fine - you can do it!!!

Hey, what do you and Mike want for christmas?

Take care and I hope to talk to you on the phone soon - you're a hard lady to get ahold of
-Julie :-)