Saturday, December 15, 2007

Hilena-Miss Personality

I had to share with everyone some information I was given by another Hope Adoption Agency "mom to be" who is currently visiting Ethiopia. She spent the morning in Hilena's orphanage and had the following to say about her:"...Now for Hilena. Amy, she is wonderful and has a fantastic personality. She was probably the most outgoing of all the kids and just a ray of sunshine. You will love her." Talk about words that warm my heart. This woman is actually the 2nd person to share her impressions of Hilena. The first couple considered adopting her themselves until they found out she was to be ours. They said she is a doll with personality plus and that we were going to have our hands full. We say.....bring it on!!!!!!!!

In other news my mom had her last hormone treatment on Thurs. She is officially DONE with her cancer treatments. I went with her to her appt. All of the nurses sang a special song to her and gave her gifts before she left. It was so fun to see and such an awesome feeling for me (and I am sure her) to know she is done. Woo Hoo!

2 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Oooooh Amy she is going to be FUN FUN FUN!!!!! She will be a perfect fit for your family. It must warm your heart to know others have fallen in love with her too!! Can't wait till that little ray of sunshine makes its way to our corner of the world. :) Noah too!!!

So glad to hear that your mom's treatments are wrapped up - that has to be a great feeling for both you and her.

Love,
Rebecca

P.S. Coffee was great today - sorry I kept you out late with all my blabbing. :)

SisterMom said...

I am glad to hear that your mom is through that successfully!
I can't wait to meet our kids in...2 weeks!!