Friday, August 29, 2008

Progress is good

A couple of months ago we had a speech therapist come a few times to work with Noah (she couldnt keep coming because she was allergic to my cats). She told us that once he was walking proficiently his speech would start "taking off". She was so right. In the last week or so he has become a TOTAL chatterbox. His favorite things to say are "Hi dada, ouch, dog, thank you, mama, and the ever present NO". He also likes to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Too funny. I'm afraid now that he has started talking we might not ever get him to stop.:)

Another area of progress I have seen in the last couple of weeks has been the relationship between Helina and Logan. They have always played pretty well together, but lately I've noticed that they actually enjoy their time together and would rather play together than alone. This afternoon they played with about every toy that they own over a 4 hour period. They read books and played barbies and pirates and rode their bikes. Not once was there a harsh word or any attitude. I am certainly NOT naive enough to think that this will be the status quo between the 2 of them. I am however thankful that their bond continues to grow.

6 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

Oh Amy this is terrific!! I love hearing how well Noah is doing with his speech - that is awesome and I MUST hear him sing Twinkle Twinkle!!!!!!

And GLAD to hear about Helina and Logan getting to be best buds... that sibling bond is amazing. You will love seeing it grow. :)

I love ya sista, let's have coffee soon...

Rebecca

Chris said...

Amy this is great about Noah.
Tammy started to walk at 16 months and wasn't talking either. And I was complaining about it :( But I am telling you that when she did started she never stop:)

SisterMom said...

I wish we lived closer, I miss you guys!

Lisa said...

Hi Amy!
I am so happy to hear all of the good news!!! I love that "mama" is included in Noah's vocabulary! Hope you are well! HUGS...

Julia said...

This is so great to hear! Michael is 14 months, hasn't started walking yet, babbles all the time but not too much that makes sense. Can't wait for him to start walking and talking :-)

Rebecca said...

Hey mama! Does Noah still string his "no's" together...no, no, no, no, no?? That was so funny to see! Glad to hear that all is well. I think that we need to do a bi-yearly reunion. Whadda ya think?