Friday, August 15, 2008

Hope Reunion

We went to St. Louis last weekend for the first annual Hope Adoption Agency Reunion. We had a fantastic time. It was so fun seeing the Pruitt gang (Grace and Miranda were my traveling buddies on my trip over to Ethiopia to get Noah) and catch up with some of the other "Hopers". It did my heart good to see all of the children together. It really feels like we are family. We all share a love for Ethiopia and these wonderful children. We also got to meet our agency director Shimellis. Helina couldnt have grinned any wider when she first laid eyes on him again. After a jam-packed weekend of Ethiopian food Friday night, picnicing on Saturday and the St Louis Zoo on Sunday we came home tired but refreshed. Wishing I didnt have to wait another year to see everyone again!

6 comments:

SisterMom said...

We miss you guys already!!! Maybe we can visit before next summer!!

Rebecca Lily said...

Amy, the pictures are amazing and I love Helina in that orange dress!!! I'm so glad you guys got to go to the reunion.

Kisses to those kiddos!

Rebecca

Rebecca said...

Hey woman! I'm with you....a year is too long to wait!! Great video....makes me miss you more tho. :(
Dave and I were laughing about our hubbies in church. Dave was actually belly-laughing thinking of Mike saying "I've got about a minute left in me" and then getting up!! Good times!!!!!!

Chris said...

AWWWW .I miss being there . The girls keep talking about Helina :)
Can't wait for next year reunion :)

Rebecca said...

I'm so jealous seeing everyone's reunion pics! But hey, I was in Ethiopia getting my girls! Can't wait to meet you next year! Rebecca S.

Mary Beth said...

I am an adoptive mom to 2 daughters from Guatemala and my birth daughter that I relinquished for adoption just adopted from Ethiopia! She brought her home in July.
My next doll will either be an AAfrican or Korean ~ it all depends on how many requests I get for each. Please check out my webssite and see if one is right for your! www.preciousbabydolls.com
blessings to you and your family,
Mary Beth