Wednesday, August 20, 2008

For 2 and 1/2 hours a day.........


I am down to 1 kid again. I had forgotten what it was like to be able to go to Walmart, strap that 1 sweet kid into the front of the cart and shop. Yes folks, actually shop without saying 150 times "stop touching that" or "if you dont sit down in the cart you are GOING to fall out" or "if you dont stay with me where I can see you, you are riding in this cart". I told my dad I was doing some shopping this morning and he asked me if I wanted him to keep Noah so I could shop and I laughed and said "heck this is going to be a piece of cake":)

Now, to the flip side of this giddiness. 2 of my kids are going to school. I cant believe Logan had his first day of pre-school today and that Helina has had 4 days of kindergarten under her belt. Another reminder of how precious time really is. Both of them are LOVING school and that is what is most important.

8 comments:

Rebecca said...

You go girl!! Look out Walmart. HeeHee. Miss you guys!!

A brief bio: said...

Enjoy that quiet time! I love the back-to-school pic... Crystal

Chris said...

AWWWW Helina look so good AGAIN.
Hey your dad sound so amazing . Did you know that my dad is not even happy about Ava yet . It really hurt :( He is the one loosing because everyone else love her . I thought that he would come around faster :(
Enjoy your time with one kid doing some shopping . I was grocery shopping with Ava the other day and she was holding a box of little puffs and had a fit when it was time to take it away :)so that I can pay for it. So my little angel is getting a temper :)
We miss you guys .

Rebecca Lily said...

Soooo sweet, Helina in her little school outfit! Wow, Amy... I remember when it was just Claire & I and how weird it felt to just have 1 kiddo for those few hours! Enjoy your mommy time with Noah, before you know it HE'LL be off to preschool too! (I know, let's not think about it now...) :)

Rebecca

Laurzie said...

Woah, isn't it a heartbreak that our kids have to grow up?! And, yet, it does give us mommies a little more breathing room... Precious photo! :)

SisterMom said...

Ahhh she looks so grown up and amazingly cute!!! Enjoy your you time!

Rebecca said...

That's great! Your kids are just beautiful! I am now realizing how sweet it was going to the store with just Nora...now that I have three girls age 4 and under! Every five seconds...you stay where I can see you, don't touch that, come back here... Rebecca

Wendy said...

Helina looks so sweet on her first day of kindergarten. My daughter starts next week and I'm going to enjoy just having one at home for part of the day as well.