Friday, September 5, 2008

What WAS I thinking

Since I have all of Logans baby clothes/accessories, clothes that Noah and Helina have outgrown and a TON of toys, etc that have managed to multiply in our house over the years I decided to have a garage sale. I obviously had no idea what a hassle this would be. I have been dreaming of prices, "50 cents, no 75 cents, no I think I can get a buck for it" for a week now. "Garage sale frequenters" as I will lovingly refer to them are quite the unique bunch. They park WHEREVER the mood strikes them and buy some of the strangest things. Like a pleather suitcase from the late 70s in a lovely shade of brown that Mike dug up from the basement and marked for a buck. Seriously? Ignore the Abercrombie jeans on the next table marked at a price thats a steal but certainly make sure you take home that lovely suitcase. Then, to make it all much more fun add intermittent rain storms all morning. Now mind you it hasnt rained in 8 weeks (no exaggeration) but today the skies opened up. Move tables into garages.....move tables back out......in........out. I am hoping I will be laughing all the way to the bank by tomorrow afternoon. It'll be awhile before this girl decides to garage sale again for sure.

3 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

I HEAR YOU!!

I am NEVER - I repeat NEVER - going to do a garage sale again!! It is NOT WORTH IT!

If I ever talk of a garage sale, SMACK me! :)

I can't believe we had rain this weekend. After the dryest weather EVER, it rains on your garage sale!! Poor Amy!

I'm glad you got rid of some things, though, and if you were laughing on the way to the bank, you must have had a LITTLE money in your pocket. :)

ellerbee eight said...

Amy~ We had a garage sale this weekend too! I wanted to jump off a bridge. I always say that I will never do it again... but then I always do. What am I thinking? People were wanting a discount on the 10 cent items... seriously people! Do you want me to pay you to take my stuff? God Bless you and I hope your garage sale went well!

Chris said...

HAHA !!!! I had a yard sale last year NEVER NEVER AGAIN !!!
The girsl convinced me " come on mom it will be fun" Will work and it's going to be fun.
RIGHTTTTTTTT. After beeing outside setting everything up for a day 1/2 and out by 5:30 they helped me until about 9:30 am and came in the house . I was stuck there by my self dealing with a bunch of idiots yap Idiots . Started with one and finished with another one. Had a couple of nice people in between .
Ok sorry I had to vent .
Chris