Thursday, May 22, 2008

Cherish My Time

My heart has been so heavy the last 24 hours. Yesterday afternoon Stephen Curtis Chapmans youngest daughter Maria, who was adopted from China was killed in a horrible accident. This family has been in my thoughts and prayers all day. I cannot even begin to wrap my mind around what they must be going through. This terrible tragedy has also made me really stop and think. I so easily get caught up in the day to day craziness that has become my life. Work is always busy and crazy. My house is always cluttered and in disarray. And yet, what is really important is that I take the time to treasure reading to my kids, snuggling with them in the Lazy Boy, tucking them in to bed and praying with them. I know that I will think twice before letting the distractions of day to day life keep me from valuing every moment I have with my kids.

"Dear Father, please be with the Chapmans tonight. Give them your peace that passes all understanding. Be near to them in this dark hour. In Your name I pray, Amen".

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Amy! I officially entered the blog world and wanted to check in on your cuties!!! So happy things are going well!

Lisa Wedekind

Rebecca Lily said...

Amy - so true. We can never get those moments back! Work and the house will always be there. Our kids won't. Life is so precious!

Love ya,
Rebecca

Chris said...

Amy,
Amen!! Embrace those precious little one's as much as you can!!
God bless!
Christine