Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Parent Teacher Conference

Mike and I went to Helinas first parent teacher conference last night. We "found out" what we already knew about our vivacious daughter. Her teacher describes her as a butterfly.....she just flits from one thing to the next. She is highly intelligent (her teacher cannot believe she has only been speaking english for 7 months) and everyone in her class loves her (and she them). Her struggles are in the area of listening. I often have to tell her "focus" at home and her teacher does the same at school. She is a whirlwind of motion and her zest for everything she encounters sometimes makes it hard for her to listen. I have to laugh a little because I can imagine that my mom must have heard some of the same things about me when she and my dad sat down for their first conference with my teacher alot of years ago. God truly blesses us with the children of our hearts whether they are the children of our womb or not:)!!! Thanks dear Lord for our sweet, head in the clouds Helina!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

ellerbee eight said...

I love your description of Helina. She is just like a little butterfly. Justine's teacher said the same thing about her. She said she was a little worried about her when she first started school, but things are better now. BTW - Amy, I tagged you. We need to know 6 random things about you.

Rebecca Lily said...

Head in the clouds!!! That is just perfect for your little ray of sunshine. :)

Kristine said...

Just wanted to say Hi & miss you guys! Helina is destined for great things. We need more dreamers. :)

Kristine

Rebecca said...

Ah, Miss Helina! She is definitely a special little girl...you know that within 30 seconds of meeting her. You are blessed!!!