Thursday, March 13, 2008

My sweet Logan

Well, it has been a long and very trying week. We found out this week that the US Embassy in Ethiopia has no record of us or our previous adoption of Noah and so we have been battling our states Immigration dept branch to get the necessary documents where they need to be before I leave Saturday and appear before the US Embassy next Wed. As anyone who has had "dealings" with this particular branch of our govt knows this can make you want to commit HARRY CARRY!!! I have felt at my wits end several times this week. In the midst of this we are dealing with a 3 year old boy who VERY MUCH needs to get outside and blow the stink off. He has been climbing the walls and is making Mike and I pull our hair out with his naughty behavior. Today though I am reminded of why I am the luckiest mom on this earth for being given the gift of Logan. My babysitter called me earlier today to tell me about her conversation with Logan this morning. It went something like this....L: mommy spanked me this morning (which is actually not even true. The spanking were last night bless his soul). B: why did your mommy spank you Logan? Were you naughty? L: No, (dramatic pause while thinking)... I dont know what is wrong with that woman. :) Just when mommy was beginning to think humor was a thing of the past her little man came through for her.

Your prayers in days ahead will be much appreciated. I will again have Mike update my blog with exerpts from my emails. God bless and we will see you on the flip side!

6 comments:

Rebecca Lily said...

LOL!!!

This story makes me laugh even a second time. :)

Love you girl. And I am going to be on that plane (and throwing Twizzlers to the dogs) with you in spirit.

Do you HAVE Twizzlers, by the way???!!!! Make sure and pack extras in your suitcase!!!

Julia said...

OMG--I can so hear it!

Good luck on your trip, I'll be following along on your blog and praying for you!

Julia

Unknown said...

I am about to cry, thinking that I don't get to go with you!!

Chris said...

Amy .
Hope that you had a great trip and can't wait to hear about Your beautiful daughter :)))
Lots of love
Chris

Erica said...

Praying praying things go smoothly for your trip.

Logan is a crack up!

Chris said...

Amy . It's time for a little update :)
Hope that everything is good with you !
Chris